biography of charlie chaplin
“Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but comedy in the long shot“
– Charlie Chaplin
Charlie Chaplin No matter what his life was like, but Charlie Chaplin never left any chance to make us all laugh always.
Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin KBE was an English comedian, film producer and musician. Charlie Chaplin rose to fame in the silent film era. He became famous around the world through his screen persona, The Trumps. Charlie Chaplin is still a role model for many actors after his death. Charlie Chaplin’s film career 75 Lasted for years Charlie Chaplin’s own life may be full of sorrows and struggles, but Charlie Chaplin has brought a smile on the face of every person in the world and hence Charlie Chaplin is still alive in our hearts.
Charlie Chaplin’s Birth, Education and Early Life
Charles Spencer Chaplin 16 April 1889 Born in Walworth, London, England. Chaplin’s childhood in London was spent in poverty and hardship. charlie chaplin father name Charles chaplin Senior was and mother’s name Hannah chaplin Together, they used to entertain people and earn money by giving stage programs together, but shortly after the birth of Charlie Chaplin, Charlie’s father, Charles Chaplin, left his son and wife and Charlie’s mother, Hannah, had full responsibilities. had come Charlie and his mother’s condition had become very bad and both were now infatuated even for two times of roti. Seeing this, Charlie’s mother was slowly going into depression. Once upon a time, when Charlie was only six years old, Charlie’s mother was doing a stage show and during the show, Charlie’s mother’s voice went away, the audience started making noise when the manager of the show sent Charlie to the stage. Because the manager had seen Charlie imitating his mother many times before and the manager was sure that Charlie would entertain the audience well and something similar happened. The laughter’s journey had begun but Charlie’s mother’s voice never returned and there was nothing left for Charlie’s family to see. Year 1898 in, just 9 years old and in the same year Charlie’s mother became mentally ill and was sent to a crazy diet. Charlie Chaplin started doing stage shows at a young age due to poverty. Soon, Charlie Chaplin started doing stage shows and people used to laugh a lot in Charlie’s shows. Charlie Chaplin’s journey started from the stage and reached the movies. Charlie Chaplin’s mother’s voice never came back and Charlie’s family had no money left to even eat. Now Charlie was completely alone in his family and it was necessary to do some work to feed himself, so Charlie had thought that now Charlie will also earn money by doing stage shows and will earn his living. Seeing this, Charlie made everyone laugh and entertained them with this art and also gained a lot of popularity among the people and Charlie’s stage show journey from stage to the big screen film world. Year 1913 Charlie’s film dream also came true and New York Motion Pictures signed Charlie’s first contract with Charlie Chaplin. Year 1914 In this, Charlie Chaplin’s first film came named ‘making a Living‘ was | Seeing the acting of Charlie Chaplin, people started increasing interest in silent films and Charlie started getting offers for many films. Charlie Chaplin’s most popular and famous characterThe Trump‘ that was Charlie’s moviemabels Strange presidency‘ And it is believed that days like Charlie’s had changed after this film. Charlie soon made a place in the hearts of the people, which still keeps Charlie alive today.
Charlie Chaplin movies and his achievements
Charlie Chaplin’s film journey was just as interesting as Charlie’s. Major movies of Charlie Chaplin are-
- the kid (1921)
- A Women of Paris (1923)
- The Gold Rush (1925)
- The Circus (1928)
- City Lights (1931)
- Modern Times (1936)
- The Great Dictator (1940)
- Monsieur Verdoux (1947)
- Limelight (1952)
- A King in New York (1957)
- A Countess from Hong Kong (1967), etc.
Charlie Chaplin’s life was full of struggles but Charlie’s hard work and positivity took Charlie to the heights of achievements. Some of the major achievements of Charlie are-
- 1925, Kinema Jumpo Award for Best Film of the Year.
- 1927,1953,1961, Kinema Jampo Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
- 1929,1972, was awarded the Academy Honorary Award.
- 1940, was awarded the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor.
- 1949, was awarded the Bodil Award for Best American Film.
- 1953, was awarded the Blue Ribbon Awards for Best Foreign Film.
- 1959, was awarded the Bodil Honorary Award.
- 1965, was awarded the Erasmus Prize.
- 1972, was awarded the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement.
- 1973, was awarded the Academy Award for Best Music (Original Score).
- 1974, was honored with the DGA Honorary Life Member Award.
- 1974, was awarded the Jussi Award for Best Foreign Filmmaker.
- 1976, was awarded a BAFTA fellowship.
thoughts of charlie chaplin
We remember Charlie Chaplin not only for his films even today, but we also keep listening to Charlie’s words somewhere or the other, which gives us a different perspective of living. Some of the main ideas of Charlie Chaplin are-
- a day without laughter is a day wasted.
- We think too much and feel too little.
- Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but comedy in the long shot.
- I always like to walk in the rain, so no one can see me crying.
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world – not even our troubles.
- If you look down you’ll never find a rainbow
- Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is ‘elephant’.
- What do you want a meaning for? Life is a wish, not a meaning.
- Imagination means doing without doing anything.
- in the end everything is a gag.
The marriage and death of Charlie Chaplin
Charlie Chaplin in his lifetime Four weddings had curry. Charlie’s first marriage 1918 In Mildred harris was done by Charlie’s second marriage 1924 In Lita gray did from. Charlie married his third Paulette godard From 1936 did in Charlie on his last and fourth marriage onil From 1943 did in Charlie Chaplin had eleven children, of whom Charlie had six sons and five daughters.
25 December 1977 Early in the morning, Charlie Chaplin died at home after a stroke in Charlie’s sleep. Charlie Chaplin 88 were of the year. 27 December The funeral was, according to his wishes, a small and private Anglican ceremony. Chaplin was buried in the Corsair-sur-Veve cemetery.